QIPMO MDS/RAI Support Groups
Region 1 | Region 2
Region 3 | Region 4
Region 5 | Region 6
Region 7 | Webinars
MO Health Care Association
- RAI Process from Start to Finish
- Purpose: This workshop will look at the RAI process from beginning to end. The MDS is used for both a clinical assessment and a financial assessment and this workshop will discuss the rules on scheduling these assessments and meeting the requirements individually and combined. Item-by-item coding will be reviewed. From coding the MDS, we will then look at the CAA to care plan process.
- Who Should Attend: This workshop is for individuals in long-term care who coordinate and/or code the MDS. Typically, this is an RN or LPN with the title of MDS Coordinator or Care Plan Coordinator. This is also for the DON or ADM who needs a better understanding of the complexity of the RAI process.
- Medicare from Start to Finish
- Purpose: This one-day workshop will begin with how to gain access to and read the MDS reports from CASPER in order to self-audit your RAI process. The completion of the MDS is becoming more and more difficult and confusing. This workshop will help the MDS coordinator and other members of the interdisciplinary team to understand the admitting criteria and the ongoing documentation needs of the Medicare resident. The RAI process in relationship to Medicare is also confusing and errors can be a financial nightmare for facilities. This workshop will help clear up the confusion surrounding this process.
- Who Should Attend: This workshop is geared towards those individuals working in long-term care who have a leadership role such as the ADM, DON, ADON, or MDS coordinator.